Re: CCU now vinyl acqusition

Counselor Ross writes:
> Yes, I heard a couple of years ago at WMUA that a lot of stuff is still
coming out on vinyl.
> What I don't understand is why.  There must be some reason some musical
publishers think
> there's an advantage to vinyl.

There's a vocal minority in the music business that does not like how CDs
'sound.'

Peter Gabriel is part of this group.

They feel that the cracks and hisses make the record sound more natural.
There's also something to do with how the music on CDs is stored in
'pockets' of info; I'm not an engineer, so I won't even try to start talking
about this. This is part of the reason why some groups continue to release
in vinyl. And, to some extent, going back to vinyl was in vogue in the
mid-to-late 1990s.

-Sean