Re: CCU now vinyl acqusition

At 01:12 AM 3/20/2002, you wrote:
>Sorry, it's a force of habit.  I remember as recent as 1997 (year I
>graduated Kol-Ledge) that WNYU Radio was getting promo records from the
>labels on both vinyl and CD.  Sometimes I'd get lucky and get some
>duplicates.

If you guys aren't getting vinyl you're not trying at all....virtually all
the college stations around Boston get vinyl by the truckload usually.  The
urban/rap/hiphop genres are flooded with it, as is techno &
electronica.   To a lesser degree you see a fair amount of ska on vinyl,
too.  At WBRS we got more vinyl than CD's, although admittedly most of our
new stuff comes in as CD's.   Ditto for WTBU and WMFO.

But it's definitely out there, and not all that hard to get.  Many labels
are thrilled when you ask for vinyl - they'll send you more stuff than
usual...good way to stock up the station's library. :-)

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
Broadcast Signal Lab / Medfield, MA