Re: FW: CCU

At 08:55 PM 3/18/2002, SteveOrdinetz wrote:
>Rob Walker wrote:
>>The "Unified Library" is an interesting thing... all of the CC stations that
>>use out of market voice tracks must have the EXACT same library, so the
>>intro and outro markers and times match. So, all of the stations that are on
>>Prophet are issued a "unified library" with the exact same "cart numbers"
>>and intro times.
>

>Guess it kind of makes sense that things would have to be
>consistent.  Your post kind of implies that some CC stations are not on
>Prophet.  True?  How many of CC's stations use out of market
>v/t's?  Mostly small-to-midsize markets I'd presume?

I believe EVERY CC station...at least every Kiss station...is using
Prophet.  They have to be because I believe almost every, if not just plain
every, Kiss station is participating in the million-dollar giveaway this
Thursday.  It's a national call-in contest, and they HAVE to all be on
Prophet so they can all play the "winning song" at exactly the same
time.  If they didn't, they'd get nailed again for fudging the rules with
national contests.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
Broadcast Signal Lab / Medfield, MA