RE: WJLT at night (Was RE: WCBS off time...)

I've been getting a similar problem on 1110 here in Rhode Island.  It
seems like WPMZ 1110 in East Providence "forgets" to turn it's
transmitter off on some nights.  Tonight as I type this, the station is
broadcast in 5,000 watts of dead air once again on 1110.  This is the
3rd or 4th time I have noticed this in the past month.  I first noticed
this while driving on I-195 towards Providence from SE Mass and noticed
that there was some building interference on WBZ, which normally comes
in as a local here, day & night.  WBT 1110 normally comes in here when
WPMZ remembers to turn their transmitter off at sunset.  The station has
had run-ins with both the FCC and WBT for several years of illegal
nighttime operation with 250 watts.

Should I complain?  If so, to whom?  Will anyone care or do anything
about it?

Keith Fornal
Treasurer
Dutch Island Lighthouse Society