RE: WEEI gets Patriots Monday

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Bob
Bob Nelson wrote:

>No, the news was that 'EEI had signed a multi-year
>deal
>to do "Patriots Monday" starting this August. During
>pre-season, regular season, and post-season (if they
>make playoffs, which they're likely to do), WEEI will
>broadcast from the new CMGI field on Mondays. They'll
>have exclusive interviews with coach Bill Belichick,
>his players, etc.

Well IMHO, 'EEI had come up with something like Patriots Monday. After all,
they have recently lost their top talk show host (Eddie Andelman) to the
competition. Good move for WEEI, especially if the Pats have another
successful season.

>By the way, word has it that the Red Sox are thinking
>of building a sports bar/restaurant at Fenway, and
>WEEI would have a studio based there

I thought at least some sort of studio facility for Wisconsin Electric Eels,
Inc at Fenway was a done deal - that's what I understand from some of the
on-the-air discussion. Don't know about the sports bar thing, though.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)