Former WHAV Talk Host Bill Pike Has Passed Away

   Former WHAV (1490 Haverhill MA) talk show host Bill Pike passed away
suddenly on Sunday in Haverhill at age 70. Pike hosted WHAV's "Open Mike"
talk show for several years, and also did play by play of Haverhill High
School football for several years. He left WHAV in 1986 to run for Haverhill
City Council, and won that year, and in subsequent elections. In fact, he
started his latest term in January.

   On a personal note, I had the pleasure of working with Bill Pike
producing the "Open Mike" show as well as on-site set up in the press box at
the football games. He was easy to work with and loved to tell stories about
Haverhill's past, which I enjoyed. There were some nights when calls were
far and few between, Bill would just go on reminiscing about Haverhill's
past as if there was a crowd there listening. I only bumped into him a
couple of times since he left WHAV, but he remembered me and made it a point
to come over and say hello those couple of times our paths crossed. He will
be missed by many, both in radio and the citizens of Haverhill he served in
his political career.

Mark Watson