Re: WHCN

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:57:42 Howard Glazer
<hmglaz@webtv.net> wrote:

> Are Hartford's Kiss (WKSS) and Boston's Kiss
> (WXKS-FM) largely
> voicetracked? Overnights and weekends only or in
> high-listenership
> dayparts? I thought CC voicetracked only in its
> smaller markets.

Not exactly.  In Rochester NY (Market #53) CC has both
a Mix 100.5 and Kiss 107, and both of those are almost
fully automated/voicetracked with the exception of
maybe 1 or 2 airshifts a day between both of them.
Also, if I'm not mistaked CC also has a predominatly
squibbed Kiss-FM in Pittsburgh PA as well, which isn't
too small a market.  Pittsburgh has a kinda funny
story to it as well -- the Kiss-FM CC owns there
changed over from a version of their prefab "Mix"
format, from one to the other.  Boy nothing like a
little originality in programming choices (although
the Mix format that ran in Pittsburgh before Kiss was
predominatly live and local according to my former
Promotions Director, who knew a couple people that got
booted with the format change there).

                            Matt Osborne
                            Hyde Park, NY