RE: WTIC (AM) dumps not-a-dr. Schlesinger

> Laura Schlessinger's Ph.D. is in physiology, not psychology, so
> she can probably give reliable advice on exercise and nutrition.
> I happen to like her moral positions too, but she got most of
> those from Sources other than academic ones.
>
> --RC

There's a bit more to her credentials than that, but that view ("Not a
Dr.") remains with a life of it's own.  She's licensed as a
therapist/family counselor in CA.  Browne brings a more liberal
perspective to her interventions whereas Schlessinger's more
conservative focus comes out in her interractions and advise.  I find it
interesting that when it comes to talk of the political kind the
prevalence for popularity and success (to wit, Hannity's contract) is
decidedly conservative, whereas talk of the human interest sort favors
the more "forgiving" liberal leaning.

Bill O'Neill