Re: XM Spots

Clear Channel owns a 10% stake in XM.   My theory is that XM's programming
will soon replace any remaining programming from AM/FM CC stations (with a
handful of exceptions).  Why pay to have two separate programming networks
(one satellite, one ground-based).  Well, they can't use the programming
direct off the XM satellite - that's illegal, but there's nothing stopping
them from distributing it via ISDN or whatever.

- Aaron

At 12:22 AM 3/5/2002 +0000, Jeremy Mixer wrote:
>I personally don;t understand how radio companies....most notably Clear
>Channel, are allowing XM ads to run on AM and FM radio, as well as several
>syndicated shows distributed by Premeire.
>
>This to me is the eqivilant of WKIT running an ad on WFZX saying "Tune
>into WKIT for _____" or on Q106 WQCB hearing an ad for the Bear.......,
>etc
>
>It is the one thing that could potentially make FM radio non-existant one
>day, it's too early to tell obviously.......but I question the motives. Or
>is Clear Channel involved with XM?
>
>Jeremy

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com