Re: XM Spots

Jeremy,
   Clear Channel owns Premiere and the are providing
qquite a bit of XM programming.  FM and AM will not go
away overnight so i really don't think that CC is
afraid of dropping broadcast biz.  It's all a matter
of raising the income from XM... I bet that CC will be
putting things on Sirius soon, too....

--- Jeremy Mixer <mixer@zoso.net> wrote:
> I personally don;t understand how radio
> companies....most notably Clear
> Channel, are allowing XM ads to run on AM and FM
> radio, as well as several
> syndicated shows distributed by Premeire.
>
> This to me is the eqivilant of WKIT running an ad on
> WFZX saying "Tune
> into WKIT for _____" or on Q106 WQCB hearing an ad
> for the Bear.......,
> etc
>
> It is the one thing that could potentially make FM
> radio non-existant one
> day, it's too early to tell obviously.......but I
> question the motives. Or
> is Clear Channel involved with XM?
>
> Jeremy

=====