Re: 'bos Custom Radio Service

Howard Glazer wrote:

>There's a lot of really good Internet radio coming from overseas. While
>I'll miss Live365 -- which says it will go under if the new fees become
>law -- I await enterprising offshore interests setting up their own
>do-it-yourself streaming outlets out of reach of the RIAA, AFTRA and the
>rest. They can get their advertising from gambling services, which also
>have been forced offshore, not by greed but by latter-day Puritans in
>government.

My suspicion is that there are reciprocity agreements between governments
of most of the major industrial nations that will ensure a fairly high
level of compliance.  I'm sure there will be third world nations who thumb
their noses at these laws, but my guess is they don't have the internet
capacity to make this work.  I'm sure American broadcasters will be subject
to our laws regardless of where the actual stream originates.