From:    dan.strassberg@att.net
To:      Kevin Vahey <kvahey@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Andleman returns tomorrow to 1510
Date:    Mon, 04 Mar 2002 15:06:17 +0000

Or maybe the GM is a nontechnical type, or maybe he is
just so out of it he should be canned, or maybe he was
trying to simplify for the masses and in the process
denigrated his own station, in which case he should be
canned. According to the quote, he said that they are
running 10 kW and no changes can be made. The facility
is licensed for 50 kW-U, and I am more than a little
skeptical about their running lower power at night.

When I saw the quote here, it was part of a quoted
passage from another message and the attribution was
missing. I had no idea that the quote came from the
station's own GM. I assumed that the person being quoted
was air talent, who generally know nothing about the
technical side.

I can guarantee you this: If WWZN has filed an
application to reduce its night power, the FCC had not
acepted the application for filing as recently as last
Thursday. As of this writing, Thursday is the last day
for which FCC actions and applications have been posted
at the FCC Web site. Without a CP to reduce power,
operation at a power lower than that specified in the
license has to be considered a temporary situation.

--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205