WWZN dropping power (was Re: Andleman returns tomorrow to 151O)

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> signal.'' He said the station continues to work on
> tweaking its daytime 50,000-watt signal but, after
> dark, when it returns to 10,000 watts, ''we are what

I thought AM 1510 was 50 KW all the time?  That could explain the
decreased reception on that very congested part of the dial (AM 1500
Washington DC, AM 1520 Buffalo and AM 1530 Cincinnati) here in New York.

Why the power drop?

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few