Looking At The Senate

A story in today's _Herald_
http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/romn02272002.htm
mentions in passing that WBZ legal expert Neil Chayet is
considering a run for the Senate seat now occupied by
John Forbes Kerry.

While talk radio stints seem to have boosted the careers of
would-be politicians in some parts of the country, I don't think
this has worked much in Massachusetts.

While many political activists and officeholders have taken to
radio (Jordan Levy, Jim Braude, Peter Blute, Jay Severin),
offhand I don't know of anyone who has gained public office
after working in radio, except for David Brudnoy's stint as
Deputy Sheriff of Middlesex County.

Has it happened here?
--RC

GnuPG keyID F9C6579F
fp: AE 15 40 AE 29 CA 59 2A  61 62 2D 5B 65 5F DA AF  F9 C6 57 9F