RE: Today's LTAR

I'm very familiar with that statue. Guess they use it
for traffic control as it's probably cheaper than
installing traffic lights. lol It certainly confuses
Massachusetts drivers who drive around the right-hand
side of it over shooting the left-hand turn onto Long
Sands Road. As spead out as York is, i.e the police
station down near the beach, the town hall up near
route 1 and now the development of Hanniford Brothers
on route 1 and 91, I wasn't sure where the center of
this major metropolitan was.

Take care,
Roy Lawrence
(Cautiously avoiding Dan's last question);-)

York Center is where the statue is located...you know,
the one of the
Confederate soldier that they put up anyway...even
though they realized
mistake was made. It's right in front of Rick's
restaurant. near the
Cumberland Farms.
As opposed to York Corners, is which is near the new
Hannaford's,
formerly
Shop n Save...and York Beach, which is north and south
of the bath
house on
Long Sands Road....not to be confused with Short
Sands, which is south
of
the Goldenrod.

Now....anyone want to know my explanation of the
meaning of life?   :)

Dan (tongue firmly planted in cheek) Cole