Re: Today's LTAR

Bob wrote:
>>> (By the way, I once went to Vermont on vacation and
stayed at a Comfort Inn in White River Junction.
 I looked out the window of my room and what did I see?
The White River Junction postal facility. Here I am on
vacation from work, and my motel room overlooks a post
office! AAAAA! :) )

should've asked for a room with a *better* view!

just for discussion's sake:  when the phrase "city/town"
of license is used, can't we assume that "city/town"
refers to the commonly-used name of a specific,
geographic area?  or do we take "litspeak" (an Orwellian
interpretation of "literally speaking") to this level
every time and hold fast that we can only use "city"
or "town" when the area is an officially recognized city
or town?  i mean, if i say "traffic's a mess downtown"
when referring to the city of Boston, am i subject to
pillory?
how does the license on the wall of a radio station
which exists in an area not designated a "town" or
a "city" reflect the specific area of license?
if the station id says "White River Junction," does the
license reflect that?  and if so, then what's the point
of the issue to start with.  if the FCC recognizes White
River Junction (along with the post office), then that
should be sufficient, no?

- -Chuck Igo