Re: Daniel Pearl

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Adam Rivers wrote:

> I dont mean to sound mean. But why would a reporter go
> into dangerous places like that? i dont think he

Because that's what they get paid for, albeit very little.

Just like cops, fire brigades and soldiers.  Why would a cop (or a fireman
or a soldier) want to go into a "dangerous place like that"? Because it's
their job;  their career and the risks associated with it, unfortunately.

Instead of focusing on the murder of the reporter...how about also giving
some time to WHY the USA GOVERNMENT did NOTHING to get this guy back.  Was
he a sacrifical lamb? Not that it matters to his wife and baby....it's not
going to bring him back... :(

--
Sven Weil
(former suburban weekly newspaper reporter)