Re: Carrying a big stick #2 Arb

I strongly agree, this has been a problem with the
Portland market for as long as I remember. Stations
making knee-jerking decisions. I'm sure we could name
which Portland stations that are more guilty of this
than others. What rattles me most is that these
stations insist on sounding like one another. (Thank
God for CD players in cars) Radio has bored me to the
point of choosing to stay off the air. So instead of
making 6 or 7 dollars an hour, working lousy hours, I
became a function DJ for weddings, and all types of
parties. I can now make a living and have a life.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble off the subject.

Take care,
Roy Lawrence

I also think it is crazy that stations put so much
emphasis on any one
book.
It is smarter to look at trends over time and not to
put too much
emphasis
on any one survey.