Fw: Re: Carrying a big stick #2 Arb

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Norm Rosen <inorm99@earthlink.net>
To: Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com>
Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:45:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Carrying a big stick #2  Arb

One could only hope that Arbitron's monopoly is broken

Dave Faneuf wrote:

> Today's Herald 2/20 reports Infinitiy's Dan Mason has told his radio
> group including the stations in Boston to prepare for life without
> Arbitron.  Mason says Arbitron is being unreasonable in its
negotiations.
>  Sounds like Mason is using this as his own negotiating ploy, but could
> this open the door for a company like AccuTrend?  Is AccuTrend still in
> business?
> df

One of the few good things about being as big as Infinity/et al has
become is that if they do dump Arbitron the national ad agency's will
take notice and perhaps start looking at services like AccuTrend.  The
only problem that I can see that commerical stations and ad agencies
might have with a service like this is that in the past IIRC AccuTrend
measured the entire market, public radio as well as commerical and
college.  I don't think suits at Infinity etc would take kindly to being
beaten in the ratings for all to see like that.  Might have an impact on
revenue?
df