RE: News Story

I used to use our then-tube type 5kw transmitter to warm up my hoagie
sandwiches I brought to the station for lunch. Would melt the cheese just
fine and the bread would be moist and warm in it's sealed package. If I
stayed at work and had a late supper then I was out of luck as we'd power
down to 30 watts. ;-) We didn't have a microwave oven. Now there's a 10kw
solid state xmtr in it's place. If I ever go back there to work, I'd have to
bring my own toaster oven or micorwave...

Ron Gitschier
Radio Geek
(flaky or extra flaky.. you decide...)