Re: contract question

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 04:22:30 -0500 Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
writes:
> I realise that WBZ Radio has given up/lost its weekend sports talk
> show
> "Calling All Sports" and Norm Rescha and crew can now be heard on FM
> Talk
> 96.9.  But I was puzzled to hear Steve Burton on his show as a
> regular, and
> I believe Bob Lobel is on there too.  I thought Steve and Bob are
> under
> contract to WBZ (and to CBS/Infinity); and as such, wouldn't they be
>
> forbidden to work at a competitor?  Or in this brave new world of
> media
> consolidation, can anyone work anywhere at any time?

I suppose that would depend on the wording of their contracts, if it
doesn't specifically say they are limited to infinity stations then they
probably aren't.  I think its interesting given the stink that Ed Goldman
raised over Nat being on Brudnoy's show a while back, guess what's good
for the goose isn't good for the gander heh?
df