RE: Sirius Launches

Cooper Fox writes:

>I saw an article about this in Radio World.  Is sirius
>only launching in certain cities because it is not
>satelite but repeater based?  Or is it for some other
>reason?

According to the Sirius VP that was interviewed on David Coursey's CNET
radio show yesterday afternoon - which I listened to on XM curiously
enough - Sirius hasn't finished deploying their terrestrial repeaters as of
yet - the launch has been confined to areas where they have.

Both Sirius *AND* XM employ terrestrial repeaters to enhance coverage but
they are both Satellite based.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)