Re: "It's The End Of The World As We Know It..."

And it's only the tyranny of Arbitron that keeps the millions in
Massachusetts from making college stations WMFO, WERS, WMBR, WZBC, WBRS,
WZLY, WMWM, WJUL, WTBU, and WMLN the region's top stations....since none of
them have had playlists in decades (if ever).  And you can't even use the
"crappy DJ'ing" argument here, either.  Well, okay, for a lot of them you
can, but you can't say WERS and WMBR have consistently lousy DJ's...usually
their jock staff is better vocally, technically, and content-wise than the
commercial crew.  (I'm not saying the other stations don't have good
DJ's...I'm just saying that the vast majority of ERS & MBR DJ's are really
good....the other stations have really good DJ's but not as many on-staff;
tends to be kinda hit-or-miss depending on who's at the board when you tune
in).

- Aaron

At 06:07 PM 2/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>dan.strassberg@att.net
>617-558-4205
>eFax 707-215-6367
> > Flying in the face of conventional wisdom, WKLB-FM is
> > defying the "Smaller Is Better" playlist dictum.  Today, in
> > a newsletter from John "JW" Willis, the following words
> > are surely causing heartburn, palpitations and clammy
> > hands for Consultants and PD's everywhere in the civilized
> > world (and radio, too.)
> >
> > "We've brought in a lot of extra music from our music
> > library, so you should be hearing even more variety!"

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453