Re: WMTW-TV begins transmitting from new tower in York County

<<On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:22:47 -0800 (PST), Matthew Osborne <mattosborne1976@yahoo.com> said:

> Ok, there's one line from this article that I'm really
> having a hard time believing.  WMTW's General Manager,
> David Kaufman, mentioned that this new transmitter
> site can reach 3 times as many people as the old Mt
> Washington site could.  Is this really true?

I believe it.  Very few people live in far-northern New Hampshire and
northwestern Maine.  The new site should give WMTW a decent signal
into Portland and Portsmouth.  WMTW could not (in recent times) be
said to have served Sherbrooke; consumer receivers would be overloaded
by channels 7 and 9 off Mont Orford.  (When Scott and I visited
Montreal back in 1998, the 7, 9, and 11 signals from Sherbrooke were
much better in Scott's south-facing hotel room than the multipathy
local equivalents.)

-GAWollman