Re: WMTW-TV begins transmitting from new tower in York County

--- Dib9@aol.com wrote:

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/036/region/WMTW_TV_begins_transmitting_fr:.shtml

Ok, there's one line from this article that I'm really
having a hard time believing.  WMTW's General Manager,
David Kaufman, mentioned that this new transmitter
site can reach 3 times as many people as the old Mt
Washington site could.  Is this really true?  I can't
imagine how it could, considering WMTW's coverage area
from atop Mt Washington, and the number of different
markets its signal must've reached from up there
(including parts of Canada). Is this an exaggeration,
or is he actually right on this?

                               Matt Osborne
                               Hyde Park, NY