RE: WEEI to replay Super Bowl

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Dan
Billings
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 11:16 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org; Aaron 'Bishop' Read
Subject: Re: WEEI to replay Super Bowl

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron 'Bishop' Read" <aread@speakeasy.net>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 11:01 PM

Dan Billings writes:

>I think the things we should remember about Drew this season are the
>Pittsburgh game and the classy way he handled himself after coming back
from
>the injury.  He could have sulked or complained, but he didn't.  He helped
>Brady learn the system.  Most players in their prime who lost their job due
>to injury would not have handled the situation as well.

 Definitely

>As for Drew's future: he will be traded.  The Pats can get a great package
>for him and they can't carry his salary as a back up.  Plus, there are lots
>of teams that would love to have a quarterback of his ability.  As much as
>New England fans like to knock Drew, they aren't more than 10 quarterbacks
>in the league that are better than he is.  Of course, Tom Brady is one of
>them.

Three months ago (November), Bob Lobel said on various radio shows, that
back at that time the Patriots had pretty much decided to trade Drew, unless
Brady screwed up royally in what remained of the season.

Let's hope (I don't think so) that Brady isn't a one-season wonder. That
sometimes happens - take a look at Rob Johnson for instance.
Of course we'll find out next autumn...I guess.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine