Re: Pat Summerall

Sean Smyth wrote:
> ... it's painfully obvious Pat Summerall does need to retire. He no
longer
> is at the top of his profession and has made quite a few mistakes in
the
> first hour of the telecast alone. Personally, I say bring Joe Buck
<snip>
> in to work with Madden.

While I was busy falling down on the ice in the parking lot and breaking
my hand, my wife watched the game at home.  She was quite disgusted
with the commentators "totally devoid of emotion" comment "oh, the
Patriots won."  This anti-Boston sentiment ranks right up there with
Mel "This Week In Baseball" Allen whose comments were downright
aggravating.  He would wax eloquent about the Yankees playing
GREAT BASEBALL (and losing) while dismissing the Red Sox'
winning efforts as ho-hum, mundane and barely worthy of mention.