Re: WMTW-TV starts broadcasting from new tower

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Beckwith" <beckwith@ime.net>
To: <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 4:15 PM
Subject: WMTW-TV starts broadcasting from new tower

> Channel 8 officially put their new Baldwin transmitter on the air today
> around noon.  My very informal assessment of the new signal (from a
vantage
> point in extreme southern Oxford County) is that their signal is still
> nowhere near parity with Channels 6, 10, 13 or 23.  As always, YMMV.

That's weird.  Baldwin is not far from Cask and Raymond.  The signals should
be similar.  Then again, WMTW management can screw up anything.

How about those rating for WMTW radio?  A 1.0 12+.  During a ratings period
when news/talk stations were experiencing a Bid Laden bounce.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine