RE: Daniel Pearl is NOT dead

Dan replies to Donna:
<snip> There have been reporters running all over
> Afghanistan since
> even before any American troops arrived.  What the military
> has done is
> refused, in most situations, to take reporters along on
> military operations.

I'd not known of a stand or policy by the military engagement as it
pertains to the media, but I agree with Dan that there's been no dearth
of access by the media.  However, wait until the mystery of the
kidnapped journalist is resolved - far greater trepidation among the
fourth estate at that point.  Kill one, and then it's open season.

Almost done Goldberg's book, "Bias."  That said, it's with that view
that I filter just about everything I see, hear or read right now from
the press.  The many in the media who unabashadly lean left are falling
all over themselves reporting while sporting consternations akin to one
who's just smelled bad food.  And putting a bad taste in many mouths.

Bill O'Neill