Re: Sumner Boots Mel

> But Donna reminds everyone that Mel is a street-fighter from way back, and
> we shall see if he takes this lying down... I don't think he will go
quietly.

He's also a major shareholder that has leverage.

I thought part of the reason the market loved the Viacom/CBS marriage was
because it created a natural successor to Redstone, who is really old.

I also read today that the outside Directors on the Viacom Board strongly
disagree with Redstone's decision and are pressuring him to change his mind.

Imus was complaining about the issue on his show yesterday, urging the two
to work something out, and blaming the internal problems for the stock being
down.  I must be nice to be in a position to go on the air and tell your
bosses to get their act together.

If Mel does leave, what will be the effect on Infinity?  Mel was the radio
guy, not Sumner.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine