Re: Sumner Boots Mel

On 1 Feb 2002 at 22:02, Dan Billings wrote:

> I thought part of the reason the market loved the Viacom/CBS marriage was
> because it created a natural successor to Redstone, who is really old.

And maybe that's also why Redstone is canning Mel.  Redstone may be
looking for a successor more to his liking.  Reminds me of the way Boris
Yelzin kept firing prime ministers until he came to Putin.  Knowing that
he was in poor health and finally satisfied that he had found a suitable
successor, he resigned and turned it over to Putin.