RE: ratings

If you think what's on WGBH and WBUR sounds a lot like regular commercial
radio then you haven't been listening to commercial radio much
lately!  :-)   Perhaps WGBH/WBUR have gotten "worse" in their underwriting
as of late but most commercial outfits have devolved just as badly.
- Aaron

At 12:58 PM 1/22/2002 -0500, Hakim Madjid wrote:
>Yea, no doubt the public stations need the underwriting dollar. I think the
>main objection was and is that the underwriting announcements sound more and
>more like ads on commercial radio. For instance, just tune in 'BUR these
>days, and listen to an underwriting spot - nowadays, underwriters get
>mention of things such as their commercial slogans, and  web sites, for
>instance. Sounds a lot like regular commercial radio to me.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453