Re: Sex in the City WBUR style

There are some BU grads working as producers on that show I believe.  But
I'm surprised they'd do that...putting a distinctly Boston advertisement
into a New York-themed show.  Esp. when New York already has a strong
public radio presence.

I wonder if this is a case of advertising in specific areas.  Since SitC is
cable-only, in theory at least (I say "in theory" because it logically
makes sense but hell if I know whether it can really happen or not) they
can deliver specific versions of it to individual markets.  So perhaps
viewers in Seattle saw KUOW and in DC they saw WAMU.   Video overlays are
amazingly good these days...I saw a real-time demo of a professional skater
(like, ballet-style skating in a spotlight) zipping around the ice live and
they had a second screen next to it that was digitally removing the skater
but leaving ice chips, skate lines, and - coolest of all - the skater's
shadow intact.   It was even extrapolating what the shadow should look like
behind where the skater's body was and filled in the gaps.  All in
real-time.  This was about eight months ago I think.

- Aaron

At 07:46 PM 1/21/2002 -0500, Dave Faneuf wrote:
>When I got to work tonight I found this email from a co-worker.  I'm not a
>viewer of Sex in the City so I'll have to take her word for it.
>
>df
>
>I was pleasantly shocked last night while watching my weekly
>dose of "Sex in the City"... In one scene, maybe more, Sarah
>Jessica Parker was carrying a WBUR totebag!!
>
>The episode will be on a few more times throughout the week, so
>check it out. It's the scene where she walks up to a stand on the
>sidewalk to buy cigarettes, and plops her bag up on the counter.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453