Re: WFLY and the Empire Network

On Sunday, January 20, 2002, at 10:17  PM, Mark Watson wrote:

>     Roger LaPlante also handled the forecasting duties for the 10 PM
> news on
> WSMW (Ch. 27 Worcester) back in the early and mid 70's. After WSMW
> dropped
> their local news, I don't recall hearing much of LaPlante after that.

He was on 14Q (WFTQ) in Worcester for the first few years I was there in
the early 80's.  "I'm RRRoger Laplante, and that's my llllatest
fawwwwcast."   Then we got Earl Finckle and his Central Weather Service
out of Chicago.  I don't know what happened to Roger after that.

Mark
mlaurence@mindspring.com