Re: Some WBUR history

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:22:26 -0800 (PST) Bob Nelson
<bobonradio@yahoo.com> writes:
> --- Tony Abruzzese <abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Not a blooper, just artistic license. WOLD was a
> > sort of  a pun. The world-weary and aging DJ looking
> > to settle down now that he has "grown up" (read as
> > "become too old for his target audience") but finds
> > it hard to acknowledge the fact. As the song says,
> > "feelin' all of 45, goin' on 15".
>
> Yup, that's probably it...I like how the song sounds
> at times like the station jingles of the time
> ("W-O-L-DDDDD...")

Except when he did the song in concert, then he would change one of the
WOLD's to whatever big top 40 station was nearest his venue.  I heard him
say W-R-K-O
on at least 2 occastions in concert.  And on his Greatest Stories Live
Album he said
K-H-J.
df