RE: Oldies, contest?

I would have to research
> the issue, but
> at first glance, the regulations might also be open to
> constitutional or
> federal preemption challenge.  Does the FCC have rules
> governing station
> contests?
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

I'd think that any business operating in any given state would have to
comply with state regs.  (At least that Secratary of State's office
would expect as much.)  Multi-state employers deal with this kind of
stuff every day in areas of state-specific employment practices,
insurance regulations, and other factors that come into play.  As far as
Florida taking aim at this kind of business practice that could be
construed as deceptive, it's refreshingly constructive, versus a sign of
too much time on their hands, IMHO.  It annoys me more when states roll
over whenever larger employers make noise while states effort to
micro-manage or intimidate smaller businesses operating solely within
their jurisdiction.

Bill O'Neill