Re: Question about legal IDs

"Bob Nelson" <bobonradio@yahoo.com>
wrote on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 3:51 PM

> When I was at WNSH in the early 90s, the studios and
> transmitter were in Hamilton. At night, the signal
> barely reached the COL (Beverly). They moved to
> Endicott College in Beverly and once I stopped by
> to visit someone I knew there. Again, in the Endicott
> parking lot, you could barely hear them (transmitter
> still in Hamilton)...mere feet away from the studios
> (at night)!
>
> Now, both the studio and transmitter are at Endicott
> and they do indeed reach their COL at all times.

To which I respond:
Boy, you're making me feel old!  I used to have a five-minute rock & roll
news show every Saturday afternoon on the old WMLO back ca. 1967-68.  Back
then their studios used to be right next to their transmitter, in a tiny
little thing that probably was a converted trailer just off Endicott Street
in Danvers, up by where the K-Mart is now.  On my latest trips over to the
area, I can't tell if it's the same road that you take to get to the former
Sack Cinemas (they're now Hollywood Cinemas or something); too many years
have gone by since then.