Re: History of 1570AM Beverly

I don't think the presence or absence of the Westfield
station (calls were WDEW for most of its life) has any
bearing on WNSH's CP, but indeed WNSH has a CP (I guess
you could say partially built) to move to the campus of
(I think) Endicott College in Peabody and increase to
(again, I think) 5 kW-D/500W-N DA-2. The day pattern
uses (yeah, I think) two towers and the night pattern
uses four. The day pattern is a cardioid aimed north to
protect WPEP. The night pattern (if I recall) has nulls
to the north and south and sends most signal east.

Based on reports here, WNSH is on the air from the new
site but still with only one tower and still with very
low power (postulated--not by me this time--to be about
100W). I think the station does stay on the air at night
but I don't know if it uses lower power at night.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205