Re: when oldies stations drop the 50s...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Nelson...WMWM" <bobonradio@yahoo.com>
To: "Eli Polonsky" <elipolo@earthlink.net>;
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: when oldies stations drop the 50s...

> --- Eli Polonsky <elipolo@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> ==Bob Nelson wrote:
> >>("you don't
> >> know
> > > what you've got until you lose it").
> >
> > By Ral Donner (1961)?

To which Eli Polonsky replied:

> Can't really remember that song, though I do remember
> John Lennon had one: "You don't know what you've got,
> until you lose it/ Oh baby baby baby, give me one
> more chance..."
>
> But even before those 2 songs I'd think that phrase
> existed as an expression...

I can't believe Eli and Bob don't know this.  You're both thinking of Joni
Mitchell's "Big Yellow Taxi":
"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone
They take paradise and put up a parking lot...."

The sad thing is that you guys have radio jobs and I don't.  (sigh)

Brian Anastasi