Re: Stooges/Circus Maximus...and FTPee-ing....

Brian Vita wrote:

>Just a friendly thought for you -
>
>The family of Moe Fine owns the rights to all of the 3 Stooges images,
>films, etc.  They vigorously prosecute all copyright/trademark
>infringements, real or imagined.  Be careful.

Moe's family(Howard) or Larry's family (Fine)? I seem to remember that there was some legal wrangling going on among the families several years ago over the rights to various incarnations of the Three Stooges name and properties.

Anyway, it was Moe Howard, Curly (Jerry) Howard, and Shemp Howard (brothers), and Larry Fine (friend/partner, though I have also heard that he was a cousin). Then there were Joe Besser and Joe DeRita in the 50s & 60s.

I remember that Moe used to be available for radio interviews possibly as late as 1973-74 timenframe. I remember working on our house with my dad in 1972 and WMEX was running a Radiothon for St. Jude's  hospital. One of their features was an interview with Moe.
Tony Abruzzese                  e-mail: abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu
Network Administrator                         Biochemistry Department
              Boston University School of Medicine
Telephone:617.638.5092                               Fax:617.638.5339