RE: Tom Hennessey?

Dan mused:
>>It wasn't much of a sacrifice.  Does anyone really like to go to company
Christmas Parties?  (Though I understand the Portland Radio party had great
door prizes!)  As for handling 6 stations, they pretty much handled
themselves.  Other than running the board for one happy hour break, deleting
a few songs to keep WMGX on track, and taking transmitter readings, it was
an uneventful night. <<

 really nice door prizes?  dang.  i should've gone.  but all that deleting
and meter readings and stuff.  don't sell it short.  if the power had
blipped, you'd have wished you'd gone to the party.  nothin' like a
half-dozen re-booting computers to make a quiet night interesting.

Regarding Tom Hennessey:
>>Is Tom on every night, or only weekends?  I would hate to have the
competition every night.  I, by the way,accept the insulting hourly wage to
voicetrack the overnight shift down the
dial.<<

Tom is on every night, sorry.  and the wage/barter thing: just think, when
you hang out your shingle, you can keep that possibility on the table.  i'm
sure mgmt would take it.  (a couple of minutes, ROS, on the stations in lieu
of cash?  they'll take it.)  Tom's personalized spots for his work as a NY
Life rep run on all of the properties.  of course, a few months ago, the
term "all" had a little more reach.

Regarding WTHT:
>>I don't know.   I'm not too impressed with WTHT.  I don't like the CHR
approach to country with young sounding jocks who seem out of place with the
music.  I'm not a fan of Dave Winsor in the morning.  He just doesn't have
the personality to build a morning show around (see the ratings during his
stint at WGAN).  The women that does middays for them is pretty good.<<

as i said, they have potential, but will be held back by their own fears.
they being the management; the fears being smaller profit numbers.

- -Chuck Igo