Re: new studio for WJUL

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 22:37:38 -0500 "Mark Watson" <markwats@mediaone.net>
writes:
>   David W. Harris wrote:
>
> >Wayne's show mixes stuff from vinyl, cassette, CD, and cart and
> more
> > than once in the past I've heard him have to change the program
> planned
> > for the evening because one playback device or another wasn't
> working.

Which studio are they using as the main these days?  Back when the
equipment was new and I was there Sub-control was the air studio,  the
main control room was used primarily for doing PSA's and a few talk
shows,  the delay was accomplished by running a tape from one scully tape
recorder where the incoming call was recorded, to the scully tape
recorder next to it that was used as the playback machine that got on the
air.  The time it took the tape to travel from one machine to the next
was the delay.  The other studio (accessed  by going behind the racks)
was never used.

df