Re: stations still using carts

As of August 25 (the last time I was there), carts were still used
for IDs, sweepers, and beds at WXRV (92.5 Haverhill).  Spots migrated to
a hard drive nearly 2 years ago.  Cuts from past River Music Hall
performances are also now on the hard drive.  Otherwise, music comes
from CDs and announcers are still live 'round the clock.  YAY!

Someone at one of the college stations (sorry, deleted that message)
mentioned not needing cart players now that PSAs are delivered on CDs.
I don't think I'd care for that unless there was a minimum of 3 CD
players in the studio.  I'm the type who likes to get Song B cued up as
soon as Song A is rolling rather than waiting until there are fewer than
30 seconds to go.