Re: Another reason to hate Public Television

There's a good reason for it...  It sounds like and
excellent marketing tactic.  You have a few very
famous 50s/60s rock n rollers and then add the big
band with all of their members wearing tuxes and it
all seems so much more upper class. I know people back
home who listen to public radio and watch public TV
primarily because they feel upper class and
sophisticated.  I am no saying this is tue for
everyone who watches public TV, tho.  I persoanlly
used to watch solely for Doctor Who when they still
had it on back here in Maine.

> Unfortunately, they are having all the performers
> perform with a big band
> including a full horn section.  Not only does the
> band overpower many of the
> singers, but rock-n-roll, with only a few notable
> exceptions, is not meant to
> be played by a big band of men wearing tuxedos.  Not
> only does the music
> sound crappy when played that way, that's just not
> what's its about.
>
> Public broadcasting needs to be kept away from
> rock-n-roll or they'll make it
> as boring as the rest of their programming.
>
> ;-)
>
> On another note: if Public TV is truly "television
> worth watching," why do
> they dump all their regular programming during
> pledge weeks and broadcast
> shows that are never shown on Public TV at any other
> time?
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

=====
Cooper Fox