Re: Boston Phoenix Article About WBUR

Yup; I knew that but was just having a little fun
imagining what commercial TV would do if they went
the on-air-fundraising route. As a matter of fact,
during the Click and Clack fundraising bit on
Saturday, the person on with them read a joke email
about Osama from a listener, then went on to say
how much money it costs WBUR to have NPR news.
And thus, at this important time, listener dollars
were really needed.

By the way, my own station, WMWM (Salem State)
does no on air fundraising and gets by on a budget
of about $10,000 a year... but then again we're
a small operation (130 watts) from a State College
with limited equipment, on-air hours, etc.