Re: News Story

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Brian Anastasi wrote:

> Is there that much of a market for sports talk in Maine?  I mean, there's no
> professional sports teams in the state.  Just an innocent question!

I think there is- WZON seemd to do really well for an AM sports station,
that and they are the flagship station for the University of Maine sports,
which is picked up from northern Maine to southern Maine. WZON has two
local sports shows and many national satellite shows and it seems to work
out well. Of course it is the only all-sports station in Bangor.....the
only other station as far as I know (commercial) that does any sports is
WABI-AM, which is the only other Bangor AM station (unless you count
Ellsworth's WDEA)

Jeremy

Check out Psychedelic Pine Tree- http://www.mp3.com/PPT