Re: Boston Phoenix Article About WBUR

At 04:28 PM 12/1/01 -0500, Laurence Glavin wrote:
>Dan Kennedy's media column in the Boston Phoenix this week focuses on the
>money troubles at
>WBUR-FM (and by extension WBUR-AM and WRNI-AM).  It can be accessed at
>www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/dont_quote_me/multi-page/documents/02028059.htm.
>
>They're fund-raising today (12/01) and this resulted in pre-empting the
>noon broadcast of
>"Wait Wait Don't Tell Me."  I heard it on WEVO-FM in NH;  I hope it's
>broadcast in full tonight
>because a guest makes a joke at the expense of the Red Sox. (They raised
>my Cable rates
>dammit!)

Empress Jane always finds a new way to offend me.  She comes out and says
"we don't have the money, but we're going to spend it anyway" and then she
lays off six staffers in November.  Essentially, she made six hard working
people pay for her financial misconduct.

In a just world she'd have cut the outrageous salaries she pays her upper
management...which I shall refrain from commenting on how useful they may
or may not be.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     / aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting / www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453