Re: XM Satellite Radio

At 02:53 PM 11/30/01 -0500, Brian Anastasi wrote:
>"There is no constitutional right to purchase airtime on the public
>airwaves."  Hmm, sounds like an infringement on the constitutional right of
>free speech, to me....

Nope!  It's not.  How do I know?  Simple - their no constitutional right to
broadcast, period.  This precedent has been enforced several times by
several courts regarding pirate radio stations.   In many of those cases
the argument was made that it was restricting free speech / 1st
amendment...but the courts have rejected that argument.

http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/asd/lowpwr.html#FREE

Aaron "Bishop" Read     / aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting / www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453