Re:Direct feed off AM radio

> On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, John Bolduc wrote:
>
> > This is a little different, but WSMN 1590 Nashua
> NH used to, and probable
> > still does get their internet feed off of an AM
> radio.

When WDAF(AM) Kansas City, MO streamed their audio via
Real player (before and right after Entercom took them
over) it sounded like they got their audio feed from
an AM receiver as well.  I remember connecting to
their stream late at night, and when I would listen
you could hear some skywave skip coming in underneath
the signal, just like you were listening to an AM
receiver, and not one that was very close to their TX.
 Haven't listened to their stream lately, but they
likely now have a direct connection from their console
to the StreamAudio software, like the rest of
Entercom's stations that stream.

                               Matt Osborne
                               Hyde Park, NY