Re: 1470 WLAM to become 3rd spoke in WMTW NewsTalk Wheel

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rod O'Connor" <rjoc@webtv.net>
To: "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net>; <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: 1470 WLAM to become 3rd spoke in WMTW NewsTalk Wheel

> Speaking of WABK-1280 Gardiner, I noticed while driving back from NH
> last week that their third tower is back up. Didn't it mysteriously
> topple over about a year ago?

I didn't know that.  If it did topple over, I don't think there is much
mystery.  A friend who used to work there tells me that there has been
little maintenance done to the AM facility in decades.  The station's signal
has deteriorated significantly in recent years.  I have to tune in and see
if the recent work has improved things.

By the way, 1280 is now WFAU.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine